On Fri, 4 May 2007, Brian Walters wrote:

> Hi Subash
>
> Thanks for that - I'm not in a hurry so I'd appreciate any futher details
> when you have the time.
>
> Ubuntu picked up most of my peripherals automatically but not the reader.
>
> I thought about editing fstab but I'm a bit unsure of the correct syntax for
> the reader.
>
> I have done a bit of Googling but there seems to be conflicting (and
> sometimes incomprehensible) advice.  Some readers get recognised on boot
> up but some don't.  I'm not adverse to the command line or editing
> config files but I think some of the advice is written in Klingon....

        I've got a multi-card reader (Using Centos-4, a clone of Redhat
Enterprise 4).  It wouldn't see anything other than the CF slot until I
added the following lines to /etc/modprobe.conf:

options scsi_mod max_luns=8

        Apparently, the multi-card readers look like multiple SCSI LUNs...
but not many other SCSI things do... thus the default to only scan one
LUN.

        Some parsing of 'dmesg' or /var/log/messages might be in order to
fully figure it out.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *