Yeah, but once it is set up it is just a one click affair. BTW,
windows/actions and automate/batch are two different things, but work
together to process a whole bunch of files automatically.

Setting up is as simple as opening the actions window, clicking on
record, then doing the thing manually, clicking on stop when you are
done, then saving the action. Next time you want to use that action you
just click run and it does all those steps automatically.

Then you set up an batch to run that action on a whole folder of files.
To convert a folder full of, say, images you want to convert to jpegs
and put on a CD to give a client, it is then as simple as selecting the
folder and the batch process.

The real problem with Photoshop is that it does so damn many things it
is hard to know all of them. Once you know about them they are usually
fairly easy to use.