The original poster is a guy who got thrown off dpreview twice.
He used to be a Canon shooter, but apparently switched to Pentax
(with cameras and lenses supplied free of charge by Pentax; a
pair of K10Ds, and a bagful of nice glass, if he can be believed).

He got thrown off the Canon forums for for inflammatory posting
(things like "Canon sucks, that's why I switched to Pentax"),
and got thrown off the Pentax forums for "advertising".  That was
a bit of a stretch, if you ask me: the only posts that I saw said
pretty much "I'm a pro Pentax shooter, with gear Pentax provide me".
Boasting, sure, but he wasn't touting for business.

My assessment is that he probably does have inside contacts at
Pentax France, so he knows pretty much what they know (or, at
least,what they *think* they know).