Hi John,

On Sat, 5 May 2007 21:01:46 -0400, John Francis wrote:

>> Now I am unsure if this is a CS2 -> CS3 change,
>> or Windows -> Mac ...
>

>That's a Windows/Mac change.  On Windows each application
>has its own master window, and all sub-windows are children
>of that top window.  On a Mac there's no equivalent; all the
>sub-windows are children of the  main desktop.

OK thanks, understand.
Just need to find a good way on the Mac then to get
a neutral background while editing.

(perhaps using full-screen as Godders suggested)

>It's a style thing; the Mac has somewhere to put menus, etc.,
>without creating a whole new window for that.  Windows doesn't.

Yes, that makes sense ...

It is just that PS is the first Mac application that made me aware of it,
I have not really used any other 'multi-document' app yet ...

Lightroom is different in that it has a single large window that
takes most (or all) of the screen and puts it palletes and images
on top of that without creating new independant windows ...

Regards, JvW