On 07/05/07, Rick Womer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> This is probably a really nice photo, but I can only
> see 1/4 of it on my monitor at a time--and it's not
> worth copying it to Photoshop and reducing its size.
>
> How about keeping things to 600 pixels or less
> vertically, please?

Rick,

What browser are you using to view this image? This issue has been
discussed here regularly and not more than a weeks ago last time.
Generally when image files are posted as a direct link to a web
viewable image format (such as jpg) most modern browsers will auto
size the image to fit the available screen space. This is most
convenient as it provides the best of both worlds, an overall view
initially and access to detail generally at the click of the mouse
button.

If your browser doesn't behave this way you may find that there is an
option buried in the setup that enables this function. Personally I'd
prefer images were not limited to 600 pixels or even 800 vertically,
this is one of the constrains that discourages me from participating
in the PUG.

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert