> Just like the gauntlet I have to run these days to
> buy Sudafed for my allergies!

The word Sudafed is derived from 'pseudo ephedrine' - it's a man-made
version of ephedrine. Ephedra was the stimulant of choice (alongside
poppies and hemp) for the ancient Indo-Europeans, and is thought to
have been one of the principle ingredients (in liquid form) of soma or
haoma, the sacred drink of the Indo-Iranians. It was widely used in
rituals such as burials among the people of Central Asia, and for
hallucinogenic purposes.

So next time you have a bunged-up nose and reach for the Sudafed,
think of yourself as sharing in the ancient rituals of your nomadic
Bronze Age ancestors of the steppes.

--
 Bob