>Is there a list of Ebayers that are known for shoddy deals? I'm new to this
>list and I'm looking manual K-mount lenses.I'd like to avoid those who
>wronged the listmembers in the past.

Dean,

With eBay, the real 'bad guys' wouldn't let it get to the stage where
they were blacklisted by eBay officialdom (although then they would just
give false registration info, or certainly different info than before).
If a user gets too many negative feedbacks, they can just change their
ID, hence the 'shades' icon next to their username. Personally I wouldn't
bid on anything being auctioned by a user with zero feedback. Not worth
it. Unless I had numerous email contact during the auction, but even
then, I would still be extremely cautious.

The anonymity the internet provides is ideal for 'bad guys', but
fortunately - as I jave found to my absolute joy - the good guys
outnumber the bad guys overwhelmingly. I have had fabulous buys with
great sellers - even made some friends along the way.

I think that one can tell an awful lot simply by looking at the auction
page: a lack of information about the item tells me that that sloppiness
will probably filter down through to the actual buying and transporting
of the item too. I once bought my most expensive purchase from a US
seller. It was an A*85mm 1.4 and the auction page had detailed
descriptions, loads of good pics of the item, including detailed
close-ups. He had taken great care in promoting it. We had good email
before the auction closed, and the vibes were excellent. It was mint in
box and I paid through the nose (960 bucks) in the last 20 seconds or so,
but it was well worth it. The transaction went very smoothly, with good
communication (vital during an international sale) and I was over the
moon.

If I see something I really like (and can't afford!) that is poorly
described, shoddy or no pictures, minimal or no email, I wouldn't touch
it. There's too many good users out there, it's just a matter of time
before the same item comes up again.

My .02 Euros ;-)

Cotty