On 08/05/07, frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So many questions!

Sorry ;-)

> Well, I haven't picked up my film cameras since I got the *istD - the
> novelty still hasn't worn off, and I really do like the idea of
> shooting and "not paying for it".

Novelty? Never did wear off for me and the cost that's something else,
looking back at how much I've paid for film and processing over the
years is scary indeed.

> I certainly do shoot more now, without that financial constraint
> hanging over my head.  I carry it with me at all times, even to work
> in my bike bag.

Excellent, I have mine handy but I'm often without, I tend to have my
hands full these days.

> I find I'm still not doing much street stuff, and I think there are
> several reasons for that.  First of all, I don't have a computer with
> PS or any other imaging software in it, so I can't convert to B&W.
> Also, I really don't to good street with a biggish (relatively
> speaking) zoom lense.  I think I need a short prime to stick on it -
> the "new pancake" may be just the ticket.  Still, I think I prefer an
> RF (like my little Leica) for the street - I really should pull her
> out this weekend and go shooting.

If you have access to a computer and you can obtain permission to load
up a program the free Google Picasa program is quite capable. It can
handle *ist RAW files or JPGs, it does a decent B&W conversion plus
you can use the application to automatically upload images for web
display using 1GB of free web space. Not a bad deal for the money! I
can provide some examples if you are interested.

Sounds like you need a decent little prime lens too, what's your
favorite street shooting FL in 35mm?

> If nothing else, the *istD has kick-started my desire to get out and shoot!

That's great to hear, I suspect you're not alone in that regard.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA