On 5/8/07, Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
.

> By stating that you only comment on pictures you like, you appear to
> be saying that if you don't comment, you don't like the picture - so
> you are apparently commenting implicitly! Of course, this is a
> fallacy, but one that many people would commit.
>
> In my case I comment on some photos that I like, and sometimes I don't
> comment on photos that I like. Sometimes I even comment on photos I
> don't like, if I think my comments can be useful. Absence of a comment
> from me should never be taken to mean that I don't like the shot.
>
> Furthermore, I may say "Nice picture, Henri!", with no further
> explanation, but I would never say "Shit shot, Chim!" without some
> additional reasons why.

Yes.

I mostly comment positively.  If I don't comment, it may be that I
didn't have time to look at the photo, it may be that I didn't like
it.

Despite what was stated earlier by Tom, I do criticize from time to
time, but I try to make it constructive criticism if possible, and I
try to put it into an overall positive framework.

cheers,
frank

ps:  Henri probably doesn't care if you like his pic;  likewise, Chim
probably isn't insulted that you don't like his.  I'm guessing they
were fairly secure in their photographic skills...

;-)