Hi Feroze,

On Wed, 09 May 2007 00:53:42 +0200, Feroze wrote:

>I've noticed that the grip is off center, seems to work though. Do have
>have any of the problems as mentioned by Bob W wrt the grip not locking
>properly?

If you mean the grip (handle) on tis head, yes it does
have a bit of creep when it is tightened.

For the way I use it that is not a big problem though, I use it with AF
lenses like the FA 400 on a monopod.

What I was refering to in my post wast the tripod-thread on
the K10D battery-grip that is off-center (not under the lens).

Anyway, for what you seem to want from it (stable platform for macro)
a regular three-way head seems much better than this one.

I use the Manfrotto 405 geared head for that, which is superb but expensive.
But even the relatively checp 141 or 141RC heads are quite good for
such work where speed of operation is not much of an issue.

I think the 141RC head is even cheaper than the 322 one ...

Regards, JvW