frank theriault wrote:

>On 5/9/07, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 8/5/07, Tom C, discombobulated, unleashed:
>>
>> >It's more like striving towards objectivity leads in the direction of
making
>> >a judgement that's free from emotions or personal prejudices.
>>
>> Striving, but never actually reaching..........  :-)
>
>Geez Louise!
>Ya looks at a pitcher.
>Either it's purdy or it's not.
>Either ya likes it or ya don't.
>How come we gotta make this so frickin' complicated!

I agree completely!

...though not in those words ;-)

Personally, I enjoy the analysis of images: I think it's essential if
one hopes to improve one's own photography continuously. But I apply it
mostly post-hoc: I decide if I like a photo or not first and then, if I
feel so inclined (or have the time), I try to work out *why* I do or
don't like it.