I don't know what drive letter Lightroom expects (although I suppose I
could guess). However, what you're suggesting could well bugger things
up for other programs, which are not expecting the drive letters to
change. In addition, I don't see how that would stop Lightroom from
making the same mistake again if I plug in another usb drive. The
correct approach is to fix it in Lightroom.

--
 Bob