Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>DPReview.com's review data is pretty good on specifications and
>features but his tests and judgments are of questionable credibility.
>
>Many people take what's said in the tests as being hard fact, which
>is misinformed.
>
>Thus it is a source of misinformation.

I always thought the fact that they compare digital SLR's but do so
without using the same lens on the cameras under test made their image
quality assessments worse than useless. It's not as if there aren't
some well-regarded third-party lenses available in all the major lens
mounts to make this possible.

Furthermore, their emphasis on JPEG over Raw in their image quality
assessments is completely outdated now. It might have made sense years
ago, when Raw shooters were a small niche in the digital market, but
they're not any more. In fact, amongst the people who really *care*
image quality, such as DP Review claimed to be testing, they're the
majority. DP Review always took the position that the average user
shoots JPEG and prints pretty much what comes out of the camera, but
the irony is that nowhere is this kind of photographer less common that
amongst the users of DP Review, who tend to be pixel peepers who go to
great lengths to eke the most out of each shot (with varying degrees of
success).