At 23:47 24.10.2001 +0900, you wrote:
>Pentax has officially announced its stopping producing 6M
>CCD digital SLR.  It's because "the price will be very high to
>achieve the quality level which Pentax is pursuing" and
>therefore "the product will not be very competitive."

Practically this means : those who wish for a professional
level digital SLR are forced to go looking at Nikon ? 6M and
larger CCD and/or CMOS imagers are pretty soon everywhere. I am sure
SLRs with full frame sensor will come out as well (any time now).

I suppose Pentax do not wish to tell us the real reason, which propably is
technical problems with the Philips CCD.

And I hoped I could use my SMC lenses... OK, I'm back scanning my 4x5"
slides. That's the digital quality I want!

Antti-Pekka

---
* Antti-Pekka Virjonen * Fiskarsinkatu 7 D       * GSM: +358 400 789753 *
* Computec Oy Turku    * FIN-20750 Turku Finland * Fax: +358 2 413 7777 *