Alex, I am totally with Bill here. The good pictures are made by
(observe the order):
1. The photographer.
2. The lens.
3. The camera.

Given the fact that 1. cannot be changed dramatically in a short period
of time, you made the right decision. Better lenses are more important
than camera body.

Boris