> From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2007/05/23 Wed AM 04:26:05 GMT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: Don't want to sound too alarmist but...
>

> On May 22, 2007, at 8:23 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:
>
> > In the real world laser diodes fail with alarming regularity even when
> > the current regulation feedback systems are doing their job 100%
>
> Listening to people on this mailing list moan and complain about
> everything under the sun, you would swear that absolutely nothing
> works at all. You must all live in a different universe.
>
> The stuff I buy tends to work, and work, and work, and work. In 44
> years of doing photography, I've had to have minor repair done five
> or six times, usually on stuff where I did something I know was
> stupid. My computer works and works, my cell phone and tape recorder
> and VCR and wireless base station and hard drives and calculator and
> microwave oven and electronic ignition and car and whatever all just
> work and work.
>
> I don't know what y'all are doing wrong, but I'm happy with the
> universe I'm living in.

Hmmm.  In the three(?) years I've known you, you have replaced your computer,
HDDs, car, cameras, lenses and cell phone.  The two things that you have
mentioned that you have owned for what I would consider a decent length of time
are a bicycle and an electronic calculator.  You do seem to live in a different
world to me.

8-)