Your comments were a bit patronizing but if everyone agreed with everyone
else this list would be quite boring!

But it is my PREFERENCE to push the little lever-thingy and judge for myself
if I like the effect.  And lack of DOF is where I am going here I guess.
How fuzzy is the background compared to the sharpness of the subject?  That
sort of thing.  I do a lot of macro work where I want the background blurred
but the subject sharp front to back.  By the way, what is bokeh?

I also enjoy doing the wide-angle shots where everything is in focus from
foreground to infinity.  I don't need to use DOF preview in these cases.

Thanks.

Christian Skofteland
"Hi, my name is Christian and I'm <gulp> an amateur."