Hey, gang.  Sorry about the stream of bike posts.  This here's another.

While out for a ride last night I ventured by the city park and decided
to make a few laps.  The loop is about 3/4 miles, flat, and the speed
bumps have cutouts in the middle.  So it's a nice place to get away from
the traffic.  Last night the park was more or less deserted and I
decided to hammer the bike.  Starting the second lap, I shifted to large
chain ring, at least I tried to, and chain came off with a horrible
grinding noise.  Busted the front dérailleur.  Metal failure, completely
unrepairable.  Fortunately, I was only 1.5 miles from home.

Would anyone have one laying around they could spare?  I'm assuming the
chain line is 43.5mm.  5 speed rear cog.  Thanks, folks.

--
Scott Loveless
www.twosixteen.com