Hi James,

I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but the quick and easy fix is
to use the AF360 in slave mode triggered by the AF280.

Set the AF360 to wireless mode.  Press and hold the "Light" button for
about 3 seconds until the display changes to show the slave mode.  I
think you want slave mode 2 for simple slave flash, slave mode 1 is
P-TTL wireless.

I've used this set up with 3 AF360's in Manual mode photographing
porcelain figurines for my wife and macro work.

Hope this helps.

--
  Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au