----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Rice"
Subject: Lithium-ion batteries for istDs?

> Hey Folks
>
> My wife photographs with an istDs (which used to be mine), while I use a
> K10D. I'm having some battery problems with her camera (sometimes the NiMH
> rechargeables seem to hold only enough charge for about 50 shots,
> especially
> if the batteries haven't been used for a while).
>
> I think that maybe I have to exercise the NiMH rechargeable batteries more
> completely occasionally, since I tend to recharge at the end of each day
> when I'm using them even if they're just partially depleted. Online
> battery
> FAQs suggest that NiMH don't have much of a memory effect, though.
>
> Any advice? And I've been wondering---can I can get rechargeable Li-ion
> batteries for istDs?

I gave up on NiMH batteries within a year of buying my istD. I don't have
the patience to deal with something that requires that much maintenance.
That the istD was particularly prone to battery induced glitches didn't
help.
Rechargable lithium ion batteries are available, I don't know if they are
suitable for your camera though.
I went with CR-3v batteries, and eventually found AA lithiums (non
rechargable) locally. I would have started using them, but the K10 came
along and the istD got traded for a dog.

William Robb