I hate you  <vbg>

Sort of related, I was at an agility trial this past weekend as
official photographer. Mid-morning a group of birders turned up. I'd
spoken to one of them at the same trial last year. He'd had a bit of
fun taking some pics and had asked if it was OK if he came back this
year with a group of his mates. I've never seen so much big glass in
one place! A couple of them were dressed in full camo, including the
lenses (and my dog still managed to spot one of them lying on the
ground and had to investigate part-way through the course...)
Most of them had a 1D of some flavour, one had a 30D. I felt like the
poor relation. I'd been relegated to using my 20D and 300/4 as the
shutter had failed on my mk2 that very morning and was lying discarded
and unloved in the grass at the side of the ring :-(