Maybe people will like this better, more  traditional. Although, maybe not,
it's rather messy.

About a month and a  half ago I went on my Annual Great Poppy Hunt. Only this
year the weather was  not accommodating, almost drought in CA, so few
poppies. I wasn't seeing many in  my area so I went up to Sacramento to hunt
for them
in a place that George Lepp  had told me about at his workshop (years ago
now, maybe five). Nope, although I  went all over that area, and I saw nary any
wildflowers of any variety.

I stopped off and visited with Bruce Dayton briefly, and decided to go  up to
Auburn. Took some shots there but didn't get anything great, then came  back.

However, I was driving through an area I don't normally go through  a few
days later and bingo found a field of poppies about three towns over from  me.
Wouldn't you know? Right near home. I don't think I got any great close-ups,
but maybe some of them cropped would be okay. I'll try that later.

It was  very windy and they were blowing around a lot. I also knew they would
be gone in  a week and I didn't have time to return soon enough to do it
again.

So  this is the best of a bad lot, non close-up style. I have never found
natural  poppies without finding them mixed in with a lot of weeds.

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/crowd.htm

Comments  and stuff welcome.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.