In a message dated 6/3/2007 4:25:07 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> The bottom line though is,  whether working pro with an amortization plan,
>> or
>> photo  hobbiest with no need for such a plan, if you have a lot of glass,
>>  or
>> some very expensive pieces, at some point you reach a point with  your kit
>> where switching systems is pretty much an impossibility  based on cost for
>> everyone but the very well off, whether they be  pro or hobby
>> photographer.
>
> I recall mentioning  similar concerns/reasoning in the past. Empathy
> for the long time Pentax  amateur seems to be a little thin here these
> days.

Amazing,  considering it is the legions of amateurs that make it possible for
the pros  to buy equipment.

William Robb
=========
Most of us here are  amateurs. There are very few on this list who make any
money on their  photography. And there is an additional group who might make a
few bucks on it a  year, but only sell a photography to five a year. They
would still be classed as  amateurs by most, and probably even themselves.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.