2007/6/8, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Some people want things pixel-perfect: A level of accuracy that's
> beyond what's visible in any realistic conditions. But if you judged
> where to position the ND Grad visually - you can judge where to put the
> Photoshop filtering just as easily.

Of course.

And then we're back to whether one wish to perform this in the field
or in front of the 'puter. The only argument pro computer, as far as I
can see, is that you can shape your gradients to the contours of the
horizon. Marnies recent "advancing wave" was an excellent example,
btw.

But you missed my point, which was that if you _have_ applied a NDgrad
in field that comes with a colour tint, it will be a pain to
compensate for it afterwards in photoshop. Depending on your pain
threshold, I suppose, but recommended against Cokin NDgrads for the
colour tint reason. A good, neutral NDgrad can do a good job in the
field. A poor, tinted NDgrad just gives you _extra_ work in PS.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com