I have the 1800 and a friend has the 2400. I feel the glossy results are
equal. He seems to prefer the 2400 matte stuff.
I am extremely pleased with the color results I get and even more pleased
with the B&W's. However, I have found only a couple of matte papers that
work with the B&W. The Crane Museo and the Epson Matte Heavyweight. I
believe what I have is older stock, but a recent box of the Enhanced Matte
is giving very inferior results so far. I think it is something I am doing
wrong  and will be testing it further.
I tend to prefer gloss papers, always have, except for some B&W shots.

Walt