William Robb wrote:
> [...]

Water resource issues in a desert are a regional issue (and a definite
problem given a significant fraction of the US population has chosen to
live in areas which lack the water resources to support the current
population) but global water resources are a seperate issue, and not an
actual problem. Desalination plants are an easy solution, at least in
areas that haven't regulated their electrical production industry out
the wazoo (like say, California).

-Adam