On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:03:02 -0700, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> Another lightroom bug: the lens used is not imported with PEF.
>
>The lens data for older lenses is properly interpreted in both
>Lightroom and Bridge/Camera Raw, regardless of whether I have the
>camera set to create PEF or DNG files. Of my lenses, the DA21 and
>DA70 are not interpreted and their names don't appear in the lens
>data sections of either Bridge's metadata view or LR's metadata browser.
>
>PPL interprets them correctly so I suspect the issue is that the
>format or specific codes have changed and Adobe hasn't yet
>incorporated the changes into their metadata parser.

Well, I noticed quite a few of the newer Pentax lenses are NOT
interpreted correctly in Lightrom 1.0. They all end up as 'unknown'
which makes the lens statistics less useful :-)

I think there was a list floating around the PDML not too long ago
that had all the lens-codes as used by Pentax ...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to send that to Adobe so
they could improve for the next release/update.

Regards, JvW