Taken with long lens I wanted for many years and finally managed to
get a good example of at a price I could afford....

   http://homepage.mac.com/ramarren/photo/PAW7/27.htm

Comments, critique, and the occasional raspberry always appreciated.

This is a site I saw on the way home from San Francisco a week ago
and knew that I had to go back and work with it. I got the
opportunity on Saturday morning ... I have about 10 more from that
outing, all taken with the 180mm lens on the L1. Note that there was
a light mist in the air and I was situated a little more than three-
quarters of a mile away... Using a tripod, of course.

enjoy,
Godfrey
   www.gdgphoto.com