----- Original Message -----
From: "Walter Hamler"
Subject: Photo Shop Question

> OK, how do I make a transparent layer that bleeds to 50% opacity at the
> edges and is clear in the center 80%. I want to merge it with some
> portraits
> I shot today of three ladies in white so it will bleed to a translucent
> edge.

Sorry Walter, that wasn't nice, and not deliberate either.
Thoughtless cruelty.
Again, my apologies.

Make a new fill layer
Layer/New Fill Layer/Gradient.
Set the opacity.
Click OK.
Style is Radial, and click Reverse.
Adjust Scale slider and Angle adjuster until it looks right, and if the
gradient isn't to be centered, then click off align with layer and move it
to where you want it.
If you are making a print you might want to see if dither helps the look.
Click OK, and at some point flatten the image for printing.

HTH More.

William Robb