Thanks, Ann! If you mouse over the bottom of the slideshow screen,
you'll get a control bar. There's a "transitions" option; you can
uncheck the box to get rid of the fading (I hate that effect too). And
on the control bar, you can hit "pause" and just go back and forth as
you wish by clicking the arrows, or by using your arrow keys.

Glad you like the duck in the ice lagoon! I thought I'd get some
amazing shots of the icebergs on the boat tour and that one, which I
took from shore, turned out to be the keeper...

Amita