Thanks Bill and Peter.

I use my PC and PSCS2 99% of the time for anything that is printed or
burned to CD for customers.
The colour space foir the D1H is "Nikon colour version 4.0.0" which
looks to me identical to Adobe RGB 1998.

I'll have a look on the mac which has CS and i still have a version 6
on the PC. I'll see what happens there. Matbe i need to have another
lok at my colour settings in PS, maybe they are set to sRGB or such

Dave

On 6/25/07, Peter Lacus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David,
>
> > I have been noticing taht when i open a horse shot in either Mac
> > preview,Windows default photo viewer or in Vueprint from Hamrick, the
> > photos look fine, lots of detail, bright contrasty etc.
>
> these programs honour the color profile which is embedded in the picture
> (yes, even windows default photo viewer!)
>
> > One of the things io sell is a CD of all the shots from 1 show ona
> > CD, and i ~have~been going into PS and clean them up if need be.
> > This is were i notice that when i bring them up in PS, they are dark
> > etc. not nice and punchy as in the browsers.
>
> which version of PS? Up to version 5.0 PS was not colour managed
> application. However the pictures should look the same in the later
> versions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Equine Photography