I downloaded Vuescan thinking that I would purchase it after a short trial.
However, it would not recognize my scanner, a HP Scanjet 5470c on a USB.  I
have just upgraded my system to Windows XP and tried to follow the
instructions on the Vuescan site, but nothing worked.  I could not figure out
how to contact Vuescan via email to find out if I am doing something wrong or
whether it just won't work with my scanner and/or Windows XP.  Does anyone
have the same problem or have any suggestions?