Here is what I sent the photo.net guys

ann

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: gripes and suggestions
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:55:15 -0400
From: ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

HI, Josh

I just vented to Kevin on a couple of things about the site after
noticing that there was not only an
ad on the bottom of every page of my galleries, but a rather large one
that was blinking.  I can understand
you needing to use ads for free space, but I'm paying for mine - it
doesn't seem right.  At the very least,
there should have been a heads-up that you were doing this.

this is me, btw

http://www.photo.net/photos/annsan

I do like the look of the thumbnail pages - someone can get a quick view
that downloads fast nicely.

I do like that the little thumbnail of the photo.net mascot dog is no
longer on my page because at
least one person that I know of clicked on it thinking they were going
to see more of my stuff - and
even thought I took the dog pictures after she looked - so I thank you
for removing the dog.

One other thing that has bugged me for a while... the 3 photos that
appear at the bottom of the
bio page are always the last three loaded instead of 3 that I have
selected ads being ones I am
particularly proud of or best represent the type of stuff I'm doing
currently, etc.  Further, one
can rearrange galleries but not the thumbnails within the galleries and
the most recent photo
loaded is always the first in a group -- rather counter-intuitive if one
is building an essay or
sorts.   This is most certainly not an opinion I hold alone -- several
other photographers that
I know personally and are on photo.net have expressed the same view.

Was impressed with Kevin's openness and wilingness to listen - he gave
me your email address.

I have to say that I don't want to leave photo.net because of the godd
things there but I have
already set up a new page on smugmug because I can sell photos through
them as well as
have a bit more control over the appearance of my own page and the staff
is quick to respond
to questions.   There is no advertising imposed on my page there -
except my own, that is :)

Regards,
ann sanfedele
http://www.photo.net/photos/annsan