Check the version on the Camera Raw plugin. You should have at least
v3.7 installed.

Even though you downloaded the current PSE5 package, it probably
didn't include the Camera Raw v3.7 release, and replaced the version
of the plugin that you had when you did the installation.

The reason for this is that the installation package for PSE5
preceded the existence of the Camera Raw v3.7 plugin. Vendors only
rarely revise the installation package of an existing software
package due to the cost of testing.

Either that or the issue is some kind of Windows registry issue that
you need a knowledgeable Windows user to guide you through setting up
correctly. I don't know from that stuff... ;-)

Godfrey