Glad you like it. The K10D is a very fine camera offered at an
excellent price. Its value proposition is similar or equal to that of
the Nikon D200 at 2/3 the price, and it has some features that are
unique and very useful.

It also does a damn fine job of 'getting out of the way' in use,
which I appreciate a heck of a lot.

> Question:  Is that Bright mode anything
> special or is just some combination of Sharpness, Contrast, and
> Saturation that I could do with the three sliding scales.  For
> example,
> if I set bright mode and throw the sharpness to full (not saying
> this is
> a good idea) is it sharper than full power sharpness alone?  I can't
> find an answer  anywhere in the manual, and I haven't tried it
> experimentally yet.

The "Bright" color tone resets the base parameters upon which other
image processing settings for JPEG rendering are dependent. So while
you might be able to get close to what Bright color tone does by
setting "Natural" then tweaking the SCS controls, the setting changes
the range and nature of adjustability of the other SCS controls.

Godfrey