Thibouille wrote:
> How is that lens on digital (K10D) and whatwould it worth?
> I could probably get one optically perfect but not very good state
> otherwise for about 400 euros. I'm short on budget so I really do not
> want to regret t in any way.
>
> I have no pics of it for now however.

I have the older, non-macro version of this lens and have always been
satisfied with it's performance. I used it a lot when I shot swim meets
with the *ist-D and had no complaints - sharp, constrasty, well
saturated images; fast, responsive AF. I've used it a couple of times on
the K10D, and it's done fine.

I have only two problems with this lens: 1) the minimum focusing
distance (something like 2 meters) leave a lot to be desired. 2) it once
failed me when shooting in cold weather (0 F / -18C). In the latter case
- the aperture will open and not close in very cold temps (something I
confirmed by putting the lens in the deep freeze at home.) But it's
worked fine in more mild temperatures, like 10F, it's just in extreme
cold that something malfunctions. It's not a matter of the aperture
sticking - it actually pulls open when it gets very cold.

I have no idea what the current value of one is, though.   Mine was ~800
USD new 4 or 5 years ago.

HTH

- MCC

--