I finally got the ISCO lens apart and fixed the focus problem.
Couldn't get into the iris mechanism, so I ignored it.

It has an aluminum body. The lens is marked "JSCO", instead of "ISCO".
Scott posted that using a "J" instead of an "I" died out after WWII,
so I'm
guessing this lens was made just after WWII. (When was the M42 mount
introduced?)

Its first pictures on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/sets/72157600588847029/

Comments and criticisms are welcome!