Hi Mike

The lens does give an interesting, misty effect - it seems more noticeable on
some images than others, probably due to the amount of flare caused by the
direction of the light.

I have one of these lenses as well but mine's a bit later (it has "ISCO" rather
than "JSCO").  I've never used it - it came on an old Edixa that I bought for
my M42 collection.

I'm fairly sure that the M42 mount was introduced with the Contax S in 1949,
but I'm happy to be corrected.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Association of Societies for Growing Australian Plants (ASGAP)
Web:  http://asgap.org.au
Blog: http://www.blognow.com.au/gumnuts/
Australian Plants online: http://asgap.org.au/apol.html