The M200/4 is an excellent lens. I use mine frequently, with very nice
results. My current PUG submission was shot with that lens, as was my
entry of two months ago. The latter photo was shot directly into the
headlights of a truck with no noticeable flare. I would guess that the
Takumar pre-set is much more susceptible to flare, since it is not
multi-coated. I also wonder how good it is optically, since Pentax
redesigned it completely when they released the Super Tak version a few
years later. It would be nice to have a tripod mount on a 200, but the M
version is so light, it's not really necessary.
Paul