I think, Jack, that when the card got stuck you forced it out, which
probably wiped out the camera's card cage push-push latch  mechanism.
How/why the card got stuck, I dunno. I've accidentally washed cards
twice, and both are still in service and working fine.

No matter, it will soon be fixed and back to you. It's just a camera
after all.

Godfrey