Fri Jul 6 19:48:00 EDT 2007
Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2007, at 2:55 PM, cbwaters wrote:
> > How is the DA 100 macro?
>
> I've heard good things about it. It's a D-FA series lens, however,
> not a DA.
>
> I'm sure the rebates will end at some point but have no idea when.

I was also thinking about rebates and possible price decrease, while
considering purchasing this lens. The rebates for this and
other lenses have been going for more then an year, if I am not
mistaking.

Very often, there is a trend that following the rebates, the prices
are slashed down, approximately to the level comparable to the price
after rebate. Watching the prices in the past few months, I can see
that some companies seeming started pushing them down slowly:
http://cameras.pricegrabber.com/slr-lenses/pentax/m/5541658/search=pentax%20100%202.8

However, guessing whether the prices will indeed go down or not (and
when) is a gamble.

Igor