On 7/10/07, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bob W wrote:
>
> >Crimes Against Fashion is a superb photo. Come back in a few years
> >and that's the only one anyone will be interested in. that's not to
> >knock the rest, but human interest wins every time.
>
> Thanks Bob. That's a great compliment coming from you.

<snip>

I agree with Bob.  That's a hell of a photo.  I also agree with him
WRT interest in people photos.  I know (and a landscape photographer
such as yourself may find this blasphemous) that I find 60 year old
HCB photos a heck of a lot more compelling than 60 year old Ansel
Adams photos of Yosemite (or wherever).

The rocks and mountains are still there (although I know in some
places they're fast disappearing, or having condos perches upon
themj), but the people and the situations they were in are gone
forever, captured only for that split second  on film (or now,
sensors).

That's what I find compelling about photos of humanity.

cheers,
frank