Thanks for all the links and suggestions.
The machine in question is a consumer countertop order machine called a
CT-2.
The machine came with our Noritsu lab, which came from Pocatello Idaho,
where it was serving the needs of the community in a small drug store or
some such.
The store closed, and the lab was put on the block. We "won" it, and Kim
went and picked it up last summer.
We hadn't the need for the consumer thing, and so hadn't even turned it on.
I hooked it up yesterday and discovered it didn't have the stock Noritsu
pass number.
So, Kim called the former owner of the store, who put him onto a half dozen
of his stores where the lab people might be working, and on about the third
hit, he got lucky and talked to the former lab manager, who told him which
manual she had jotted the number down in.

I got into the machine, only to find the Noritsu software had been deleted,
only the Win2k OS was on the thing. We dug around a bit and found the CT-2
software, and I loaded it.
Of course, it came up in Japanese as the default language, so I had some fun
trying to remember how to change the language to English, as I had no
prompts that I could understand.
I considered leaving it Japanese, as it was very sing songy as it talked.
Anway, it's all good, and I got it set up (mostly).
Thanks again

William Robb