The Tokina is pretty good.  Many of those f2.8 zooms are good if stopped
down a bit, which is till pretty fast on a sunny day outside. The 300 is
the K model, which would probably be Ok with the monopod on the body and
shake reduction on.  The only problem I see is panning the shake
reduction on.  Also, I admit the my quick focusing skills have
deteriorated so MF may take some getting used to.

>>> "Bob Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 7/12/2007 2:06 PM >>>
Steve,
Is the Tokina good quality?  The extra reach isn't worth poorer
results.
Regards,  Bob S.

On 7/12/07, Steve Desjardins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I know that some of you have shot motorcycle races (I seem to
remember
> mark Roberts talking about the Ohio Mids).  Next month I'm going to
the
> AMA Superbike race at the Virginia International Raceway and I want
> start thinking about how to do this so I can prciatce a bit.  I'm
> planning to use the K10D with a B/M Monopod, but I'm trying to work
out
> the lenses.  I have the following options:
>
> 1. Tokina 70-200 f2.8 AF (not the ATX Pro model)
> 2. An older Sigma 100-300 f4.5-6.3
> 3. Pentax 300 f4
>
> The Tokina would be obvious but it has the least reach.  I'd have to
> work out the exposure issues with the Pentax 300 on the K10D, it's
MF,