On 7/15/07, Doug Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Stenquist wrote:
>
> > I don't see that Lightroom would become  as close an
> > ally for a long time to come.
>
> I haven't messed with Lightroom since the second beta release, but I
> didn't like it then, and didn't like it enough that I haven't tried it
> again.  For me, the big issue was performance.  I refused to put up with
> it's slowness long enough to "give it a chance".  I tested it on a
> Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 2GB of RAM and fast hard drives.

I didn't like the performance of any of the beta releases either, but
I downloaded the v1.1 demo last week & installed it on my laptop & it
runs just fine.

I'm now trying to get used to the user interface to judge as to
whether I like it enough to buy it.

BTW, all my recent PESO's were developed using LR.

Cheers,

Dave