----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sullivan"
Subject: Re: RE: Goin' to Montanaaaaaa!

> Bill,
> I think you would enjoy reading 'Flags of our fathers'.
> It's far from a propoganda book on the subject.
> It's written by a son of the last survivor,
> as he tried to understand why dad never spoke of it.

Sorry Bob, I got enough of this visiting my uncle in Montana. The only books
he had were war in the Pacific theater stuff that was written during or
shortly after the war, and I was quite an avid reader.
Rosenthal might not have intended to take a propoganda picture, though I
think it safe to argue that any flag raising picture is exactly that, but
Roosevelt picked it up, ran with it, and made it into one.

William Robb