----- Original Message -----
From: "skye pdml"
Subject: af 540 fgz trailing curtain question

> OK, so I did attend a flash class over the weekend but failed to learn
> anything which might shed some light on my question so here goes.
>
> When I set my 540 flash to do trailing curtain, it flashes twice - I
> think once at the beginning and once at the end. Is that normal?
> (because that is not what I learned) What's going on there, if it's
> normal?

Your 540 is a P-TTL flash. That means it uses a preflash to set the output
rather than quenching the flash when enough light has been output (TTL). The
first discharge is a low capacity flash that tells the camera how much
output is required for correct exposure. The second discharge is the actual
exposure.

William Robb