Oh please, no.  An independent Quebec would be a vector for terrorist
activity in the US.  We would need to quarantine or invade them and then
they'd be our problem.  Can't we just nuke them and have done with it?

>>> "David J Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/7/2007 7:47 AM >>>
I always said, the referendum is done wrong.

The rest of Canada should vote whether they stay or not.

Dave

On 8/7/07, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
Quebec,
> > however, the blue and white provincial flag is everywhere, but the
red
> > and white Canadian flag was quite rare.  Most provincial
government
> > buildings were flying only the flag of Quebec, without the
Canadian
> > flag, mostly of national government buildings and tourist hotels.
> > can't imagine a state office building in New Jersey or New York
flying
> > only the state flag without causing a considerable controversy.
> >
> > Also, on the West coast of Cape Breton, I saw a lot of "Acadian"
> > flags, but was not really certain of what they mean or why they
seemed
> > pretty much restricted to that area.
>
> Quebec is a strange place. They want the advantages that being part
of
> Canada gives them, but at the same time, they want nothing to do
with
> Canada.
> We call them the spoiled children of Confederation, and wish them the
best,
> but generally also wish that they would go away.
> Historically, Quebec whines, and Canada pays.
> The Acadians are a distinct society within Canada, and have had their
own
> flag since the mid 1880s.
> Perhaps the next time the Frogs get uppity, we'll kick their sorry
asses out
> of the country and give Quebec to the more deserving Acadians.
>
> William Robb

Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com
http://brooksinthecountry.blogspot.com/