----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Roberts"
Subject: Re: Recommendations for digital grey card

> I use white mat board. It's available in many different shades of
> white, so I can use a warm, neutral or cool white balance card as
> needed. My local art supply shops gives me scraps for free. (They don't
> have as many additional uses as paper towels, though.)

My wife was quite annoyed with me about this. I discovered how good paper
towels were at a dog show being held in a hockey arena. I was suing the
istD, and needed to shoot jpegs for a variety of reasons.
I needed a good WB, and was having difficulty with the cameras AWB getting
it right. Someone had a roll of paper towels on their grooming table, so I
grabbed one and took a reading off it, and had an very good WB as a result.
Anyway, for the next year or so, I insisted that she buy different brands to
see if I could get a brand that worked better.
I settled on Bounty.

William Robb