On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> This makes good sense to me.
> If it is correct, it brings up an idea (here goes a patent, but oh,
> well..): camera shooting modes or options (e.g. one of the "green"
> modes,
> or via a separate wheel/switch)
> such as "tungsten", "low light", etc. - which in addition to
> changing the WB also enable a different metering calibration.

I've long been an advocate that camera manufacturers should include
the capability for user settable metering calibration defaults, and
of course easy recovery to the factory calibrated default settings.
It would save me having to remember on each camera which tweak of the
settings I need on average, and make a useful gain in adjustment
range if I didn't have to compensate for my personal default
compensation.

Godfrey